nippaero

Well Known Member
Gents,
I am purchasing a partial completed -4 kit with engine. It is located in Bakersfield and was built by Ray and Norm Allen. Anyone know these two gents or have any background info about the plane?

I am going to trailer it about 900 miles home. The fuselage and wings are mostly done. I have two questions for the RV4 builders out there.

How long is the fuselage from the firewall to the tail?

What do you think the best way to transport the wings so they are not damaged? I am thinking about building some sort of structure where they can sit vertically side by side. I would then add casters to the bottom for storage when I get is home. Any ideas, pictures or drawings would be great.

I did nearly the same thing about 3 years ago. Bought emp. and wings complete, fuselage was in the jig. I took a 20 ft enclosed trailer and hauled it 800 miles from Louisiana to South Carolina. The fuse., in the jig, need almost all of the 20 ft. I had a wing jig, vert. and strapped them in well. Had no problems making the trip. I might still have pics of it loaded if that will help. Send private message with email and I will send them to you.

RVRC