rv9aviator

Well Known Member
About a year and a half ago I got a great deal on an RV-9A wing that had not been started. We inventoried everything and the only thing missing was the wing center section and fuselage longerons which the seller told me came with the SB fuselage kit. I never checked this out and now I'm ready to order the fuselage kit and Van's informed me that the original builder had the center section and longerons deleted from his order because he ordered a QB fuselage. The problem was he cancelled his order and the QB fuselage was sold to someone else with my matched wing center section. I didn't get whole story and now will have to pony up over $600.00 for the missing parts. Had he told me he was cancelling the fuselage order I would have bought it myself.
Van's told me the holes are accurate enough that I won't have a problem with the new center section and I hope they are right. To make a long story short it was $600.00 less of a good deal than I thought it was. :eek:
My advice would be to check with the factory if you are going to buy a used kit from someone to find out any information you can about the sale. Oh well, it was still a good deal just not a great deal.