ron sterba

Well Known Member
My friend has a Vans oil cooler mounted on the firewall with this neat after market 2 3/4" butterfly valve with a 3" hose from the back side of the rear baffle wall. It's the butterfly valve that's needed. Anybody know of the vendor who sells them for RVs.

Thanks
Ron in Oregon

Well considering I wasn't clear I apologize to the first Bill and say to the second Bill,,,,yep that's the one the guys are talking about as being very efficient. Are there any others who like it ,,,that this butterfly air valve is a good thing?

Thanks Bills much appreciated.

Ron in Oregon

Mothership!

Vans, accessory catalog:

Description

Shutter designed to mount between the baffle and oil cooler to allow airflow regulation when the engine oil temperature is too cold.
Will fit the EA OIL COOLER II. Weighs 6oz.

Requires a cable to operate from the cabin if desired
(CT A-740 and HW WIRE NUT KIT - not included).

Ordering Information

Cooler Shutter
Part Number = EA OIL COOLER VENT
Price = $85.00

Napa Auto parts has a Beldin type push-pull cable that you turn the knob to friction lock.
Works great with this valve.

I firewall mounted my oil cooler and added the butterfly valve from Avery in the SCAT ducting between the baffle and cooler. I then ran a Bowden cable to the cockpit for control of the valve. It works Extremely well with out setup. Helps to warm the oil faster on the ground and precisely control oil temp in the air. It took a lot of labor to get everything to fit right and correct oil hose lengths, Bowden cable routing, etc., but was absolutely worth it.