Not military bases, but he is proposing to open some of the restricted airspace along the East coast during holiday periods. This could actually help with some of the congestion, but I think the plan is a little too late for next week. It is,IMHO, one of the few good ideas from this administration.

Chuck Olsen
RV-7A
TSP

I was actually being a bit facetious.

There was a corollary to this yesterday. The government announced plans to be ready to supply water and food to people who are stuck on the ground in the airplanes for four hours or more.

Seriously, how screwed up is the airline industry? Now we have to prepare to treat passengers like hurricane victims.

Ever been stuck in O'Hare during a snowstorm? It's a LOT the Red Cross emergency shelters in hurricane times. ;)

Got it. It's the folks who have to stay on the planes for hours that I think is ridiculous. It also provides me some of the best RV building motivation there is. :D

User Fees

Didn't he mention the user fees for GA also in his latest scheme for easing the airlines issues? I got something from the latest AOPA weekly email that makes me think that.

Got it. It's the folks who have to stay on the planes for hours that I think is ridiculous.

Seems as though that is a bad call on the CA of the bird..

We never let anyone sit on our planes if we can help it.. We don't like sitting there either.. :D

Got it. It's the folks who have to stay on the planes for hours that I think is ridiculous. It also provides me some of the best RV building motivation there is. :D

Let's not leave the TSA out of this. Here in Atlanta, security lines at Hartsfield are supposed to be a giant mess over the holidays.

I hear that, and the story about how bomb making material made it onto airplanes in 18 airports, and it just adds to the satisfaction I get out of building.

It's really early in the game for me, but man am I enjoying the **** out of this.

I'm sorry. I must have missed something. Where is the GA part in this or is this just Bush bashing?

Roberta

I'm sorry. I must have missed something. Where is the GA part in this or is this just Bush bashing?

Roberta

From the AOPA website:

"Amidst airline delays, Bush calls for user fees"

"President Bush on Nov. 15 announced a series of measures to reduce airline delays. He also renewed his call for higher taxes and user fees on general aviation. AOPA says the battle is far from over."

http://www.aopa.org/advocacy/articles/2007/071115funding.html