Nosferav8r

I'm New Here
Any thoughts on providing a service on this forum for prospective builders... one where they can find willing RV pilots to let them look at and perhaps take a ride in an RV?

I know that I, for one would love to get up close and personal with a couple of RV's... mostly so that I can decide what I am going to build. I realize that a lot of what you build comes down to mission... but even the die-hards have to admit there's a lot of crossover when it comes to mission profiles in the RV range.

For myself, I'll say that I already am relatively sold on the idea of a side-by-side... as that's what I'm comfortable with. Probably tri-gear... that much is probably given (love the look of a taildragger, but prefer a simple to land aircraft). However, I'm still torn between the RV-7A and RV-9A, and I know that at my current position the only way to "break the tie" would be to look closely at and maybe fly in one of each.

Maybe a database of those willing to meet prospective builders would be a nice feature? Contacts of people whom I could call/email/PM and set something up relatively local to me? (at least, not so far away that Cessna rental gets ridiculous!) Might be a service a lot of n00bs would like to see, methinks.

Sorry, just brainfarting before I head to the gym :)

Nosferav8r said:
Maybe a database of those willing to meet prospective builders would be a nice feature? Contacts of people whom I could call/email/PM and set something up relatively local to me? (at least, not so far away that Cessna rental gets ridiculous!) Might be a service a lot of n00bs would like to see, methinks.

Welcome.

I wouldn't worry too much about this - finding an RV ride is pretty easy, especially with this nice crowd. I recommend you go to the RV White Pages on this site and look for someone who's listed as 'flying' and near by. I bet if you offer to split gas they would be more than happy to give you a ride.

Last edited by a moderator: