I got a large box at Lowes or some such store for 15 bucks or so ... I think there are several hundred pairs in there...

T.

You know, these "foamies" wash really well. I keep a little mesh laundry bag hanging in my closet (like the ones used for washing little kids socks, etc.) and throw them in there, then toss it with a load of laundry when I have a good mess of them. You can put them in the washer and the dryer -- they come out great!

- Brett

szicree said:
Anybody know where to get a good deal on maybe 500-1000 pairs of foam earplugs??

If you want to buy them locally, try an industrial supply company that's set up to sell tools & other supplies to local manufacturers. A lot of them will sell over the counter to Joe Public.

Somewhere, sometime, I stumbled across someone selling 'factory seconds' or some such thing at a ridiculously low price, didn't meet OSHA standards, couldn't be sold as hearing protection but worked good enough for most. Google?

I wear foam earplugs at work everyday...so at one point in time every brand and model has been in my ears. Hands down, the Howard Leight Lazer lights are the best. If you have wide eardrums, I believe they make a larger diameter model out of the same material...I belileve they are green instead of yellow/pink.

Cheapest I've found

I buy ours from Northern Safety. northernsafety.com
That is if you want 100-200 pairs

I prefer the max lite low pressure. These don't seem to bother my ears if I wear them for hours on end. They have a large selection depending on what you want.
I recommend the rubber coated string knit gloves for projects. They fit snug kinda like the mechanics gloves, but much cheaper. If they get too dirty I just toss them.

Todd
Northwest OH
Working towards PPL
An RV-10 in my future..??