case

I'm New Here
Hi All,

I was just wondering if there are builders out there putting together a 12 just for the fun and challange of building a very nice aircraft but not necesssarily flying it themselves ?.

Cheers

Case

Building to sell

Case,
That is me... Building it then selling it. I wanted to build another plane but can't afford to keep two. My -6A is my 1st build so it is the one I will keep.

Finsihing up the canopy, then install the radios and fairings and she will be done.

Building for the chalenge

Possibly. Have inventoried the empenage kit, and plan to really start building after there are a few things to finish on the house that my wife and I built. I think the build will be a lot of fun, educational, and then to fly something I built, priceless.

Hi All,
I was just wondering if there are builders out there putting together a 12 just for the fun and challange of building a very nice aircraft but not necesssarily flying it themselves?

It is an amazing learning experience. You will certainly feel the satisfaction after that first flight, whether you do it or another. BUT, do not think there will be a profit. A good friend just sold his RV-12 and broke even. The market is NOT very good. Many are on the market and are not selling. See Barnstormers.

Not quite building it for myself

I'm building the RV-12 for my own entertainment, but to be flown by my favorite wife/ultimate autopilot, Haruko. It's registration number, N73HR, is, however, flexible--it could stand for her name, Haruko Reese, or, if I ever learn to fly, for both of us, Haruko & Rob.
I took some ribbing at an EAA chapter meeting by a tech counselor/CFI/CFII/CF*everthing about me needed to learn to fly. I retorted with "I would, but its just too difficult to locate a competent flight instructor!".

Eat yer hearts out, dudes! My wife WANTS me to build this thing.

Last edited: