alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
A little bit of humor for your Friday...

The excerpt below is from an article Doug Reeves has linked on his main page. It really made me think that maybe I've been spending too much time drilling, deburring, fluting, dimpling, countersinking, etc. when I should just be polishing and riveting those parts together...

"Phillips built the plane, an RV-8, from a kit made by an Oregon company. It came with metal parts that he had to polish and rivet together. He also installed all of the cables that work the plane's rudder and elevators, built two 21-gallon fuel tanks and attached a canopy to the top of the fuselage."

For full article, see Doug's main page or this link:
http://www.uniondemocrat.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=18297

"Wax on, wax off, Daniel-san"...

Last edited:
I caught that, too.

I think the reporter was somewhat aghast that someone would want to fly in a garage built airplane. In skydiving, these people are "whuffos." Whu fo you wanna go build your own airplane.

It seems that when the words "kit-built" were uttered, the reporter's mind latched on to the IKEA model of aircraft construction.

Hmmm....Some lemon Pledge and a few drywall screws. Oh, don't forget the allen wrench. Ha.

Fallguy said:
It seems that when the words "kit-built" were uttered, the reporter's mind latched on to the IKEA model of aircraft construction.

haha.. "call in the next 20 minutes, and we'll throw in.... "
:D