cyrilmclavin

I would like to thank all you rv people for your assistance through the classified section and the general forums, it was a long four and a half years I spent helping a friend building his rv8-a here in new york. Would you believe we built a slow build rv8-a in the back yard of a small duplex apartment in a carport. Thanks to many of you for the items we purchased through the classifieds. The aircraft was signed off for flight in october but my firend has not as yet flown the aircraft and has informed me that i will not be flying the aircraft and he may sell it unflown " cold feet " or what i dont know but anyway I am building again this time by myself for myself. This aircraft will not be an Rv it will be a celerity, but i will buy or build an rv in the future and if you dont mind i will continue to visit vansairforce.net for inspiration and the classified for parts etc. I have personally flown rv6's and rv8's and consider them wonderful aircraft so keep pounding those rivets.

Thank you

Cyril Mc Lavin

Training maybe?

Hi Cyril,
What a shame to have this situation. Would your buddy consider either you or he go and get some transition training? It goes fast and is easily accomplished in a three-day weekend. Visit www.safeair1.com and scroll down to "RV Transition training". There you can find a guy near you to go see.
There's absolutely no reason to "fear" flying the RV but it definitely is wise to first get some dual,

Regards,

Unflown Homebuilt

There is a beautifully built Skybolt at my airport, completed over twenty years ago, that has not flown yet! The owner was taking dual instruction in a Starduster II prior to his first flight in the Skybolt. His instructor rolled the Starduster up in a ball solo and killed himself. I guess that scared the fellow and doomed the Skybolt to being a hanger queen until it goes to his estate.

Every once in a while, you will see him drag the beautiful biplane out of the hanger, and start the engine. After twenty minutes or so, he shuts it down and puts it back into the hanger. What a waste!

The RV-8A is one of the most dossal airplanes I have ever flown. If your friend won't fly his RV-8A after all the work required to build it, he should consider golf.

I'm sorry you decided to build something else. The RV series are about as good as it gets!

thank you for your thoughts

Hi Pierre& Danny . I arranged for transition training and i was told not to bother as i wouldnt be flying the 8a, I do not believe it is fear in the normal sense it is a combination of inability to share with a sprinkle of worries about liability. " what's yours is mine what's mine is my own" philosify.

thank you for your kind words.

cyril mc lavin

but i will buy or build an rv in the future and if you dont mind i will continue to visit vansairforce.net for inspiration and the classified for parts etc. Thank you

Cyril Mc Lavin

I think I am safe in speaking for Doug, and the rest of the users here---------

Mind??, of course not. You are welcome anytime.

Stupid question: have you considered buying the plane from the guy? Sounds like you put an equal amount of blood sweat and tears into the thing.