Mark Bolton

Dear Forum,

I have a 0 - 320 that has been sitting around for a while. I am going to complete the firewall forward shortly b,ut wont be in a position to complete the aircraft for a while longer.

I would like to run the engine once in a while, in the shed.

I would like to build a club fan to make sure the motor is delivering full power and to cool it properly whilst getting it up to temperature and getting the motor a little exercise.

Does anyone know of a design and or a "how to" ? I am sure they cant be all that difficult to construct and would postulate that provided the dimensions were correct, they would present a predictable drag and hence would serve as a calibration gauge on the engine rpm / horsepower output etc. I have googled this subject hard and have found no information so any leads would be much appreciated.

Once I have constructed this device I will document the process and make a website.

Thank you all in anticipation.

Regards

Mark

Mark,
Contact Don Bates. Nice guy, and his Prop Optimizer Pro will spit out the blade ordinates. You can give it constraints, in your case diameter and airspeed.

http://www.geocities.com/aeroopt/index.html

And if you want to make all four blades identical, I will sell you a very nice propeller duplicator <g>