N941WR

Legacy Member
Builders workshop - Charlotte, NC

On Saturday, April 22nd EAA chapter 309 will sponsor a builders workshop for those interested in learning basic metal working skills.

The workshop will include the construction of a Van's tool box. Lunch will be provided. The class will be held in Charlotte, NC. The price will be $30 for the day's training.

At the end of the day you will get to take the tool box home with you along with the skills you will learn.

Sign up by emailing me at [email protected]. The class will be limited to 20 people.

Although the kits are provided by Van's, people who desire to build other types of aircraft are strongly encouraged to attend.

If you have already built a metal aircraft or are currently building one and would like to share your experience with others, please email me. The more instructors we have the more our students will get out of the class.

We look forward to seeing you there.
Bill Repucci & Bob Thayer
www.eaa309.org

Tool Box Kit Practice Project

The Toolbox Kit comes with documentation, along with all the parts and rivets needed to complete the toolbox. This training project consists of several pre-punched parts that are riveted together to form the box and lid and a hinge to hold them together.

This training project will give you the chance to try several different styles of riveting, using aluminum parts identical to those that make up the airplane. The completed toolbox is just the thing for a traveling tool kit when your RV is done or for holding your safety wire supplies, etc. Finished toolbox measures 16"L X 6"W X 4"H.

Last edited:
It works, too!! If you drop 50 cents each time you go into the garage, you will have saved for a new engine before you have your fuselage done :)

hahahaha...

No more toll boxes, only tool boxs.

PS. Pass this along to anyone you know who thinks they might like to start building.

Bill, this is a great thing you are doing. I/we did one here in my shop with my EAA Chapter too. Everyone loved it and got ALOT out of it!

Here's wishing I could help you!

Have fun!

:) CJ