N770TX

Well Known Member
I'm considering buying a flying airplane to use while I'm still building mine. The airplane has complete maintenance logs but the seller made the comment that "of course the builder will keep the construction logs, but I'm sure he will let you look at them if you want". The comment really surprised me. I've bought numerous airplanes/projects in the past and always received everything as it's considered part of the aircraft record. Does anyone have any information on this? Should this be an issue with a completed homebuilt or not?

Thanks, Doug

It would be a lot of work

But you could copy everything, that way the plane can always have a set of builders logs with it. To me it sounds like you are going to sell it when you are done building your plane, that would help with the resale I would think, both in cost and owner knowledge. The logs could be helpful to whoever had to work on the plane in the future.

Randy

When I sold my aircraft I kept the builders log so I would have reference should an occurrence arise for proof that I did my research. I copied the Journey log and would have allowed the builders log to have been copied.My aircraft has been modified by the new owner ,with an item I do not agree with. If something happens I have photo's and logs saying that this is not my installation.
I cannot see a reason why your builder would not allow the builders log to be copied.
Ron