jcaplins

Well Known Member
Are there any "rules" for a builders log?
The digital photos I take have a time and date stamp, but I've been pretty lazy with recording how many hours I work.

Thanks,
Jeff

Builders logs vs. builders log

jcaplins said:
Thanks, I don't know why I couldn't find that.
I knew it was there, but I still had trouble finding it. The search engine is not quite up to "google" standards, so entering "builders log" would not find the other thread, since it was titled "builders logs" with an additional "s". Even entering "builders logs" with the extra s, the search engine didn't show that thread as the first on the list.

The beauty of the web based format is that there are no old topics. Everything is up for discussion all the time.

I can tell you what I am doing and what my ABDAR has told me...

I have done pretty much the same as you, TONS of pictures! I have NOT recorded time spent on procedures at all and my ABDAR says, no problem.

The goal is to get the Repairman's Certificate. He says that the Feds are only concerned that I have done the majority of the work myself. The time spent is of no importance.

I assembled the pics in MS Word in a diary format, with commentary and date stamp. Incedentally, I just got it up to date again! It was one year since I last updated it! He says it'll be just fine in order to satisfy the requirement.

:) CJ

looog, looog, it's big it's round, it's wood.

I was hoping just the photos would be fine with a few comments thrown in for lack of color.

I started a log with times, but all my times were:

5 min - .......
5 min - .......
15 min
1 hour
2 min
1/4 sec.
do I count the time I spent 3 hours watching TV and deburring ribs?

So I gave up keeping track pretty quick.

Jeff

Use * in the search

Try searching for 'Dou'

Try searching for Dou* - you'll get things with Doug, Douglas, Doug's, etc.

In the builder log scenario I'd search for:

builder* log*

That little * helps me all the time.

Best,
Doug

vbulletin search

Doug, thanks for the hint. Do you know of any other vbulletin documentation that I can read? I've looked at their website, and the documentation seems to be geared towards the administrators, not the users.

Are there any other "wildcards" that can be used to search? I've tried various types of regex, like in unix or sql, but the only thing I've found that works is the star (*).

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'll look around. I, like you, have only had success with the * wildcard. Still, it's quite useful <g>.

B,
D