Dayton Murdock

Well Known Member
Hi Guys

I have started to build the web page for DJM Mfg, Inc. My company produces the Deluxe throttle quadrants for Van's Aircraft part # CT83 Deluxe, CT82 Deluxe and the RV10 throttle quadrants,AircraftSpruce part # CMCT3L,CMCT2L,SMCT2L and SMCT3L I would like to include images of installed quadrants and builder comments on my web page. If you are interested please send comments and images to [email protected] or [email protected]

Dayton Murdock said:
Yep! thats one of mine Bill

Dayton,

That sure is a nice quadrant. I can't wait to do more than pretend it is hooked up to something. Go a head and use that picture, if you want.

Originally I was going to install both a center quadrant and one on the left and interconnect them via nested torque tubes. Then I got lazy and decided one in the center would be fine. Now if you had such a unit I could just bolt in...

Last edited:
Quadrants Interconnect

Hi Bill
Remember the KISS principle ?Keep it simple?. I believe when it comes to engine control that the most direct linkage with the lowest part count possible will be the safest system.
Interconnecting quadrants in a tandem aircraft is less complicated then side-by-side aircraft. The levers are inline and a connecting rod is all that is needed to complete the system, where as side-by-side aircraft require torque tubes,bell cranks,push rods,and hardware. A single quadrant in the center is the way to go. (IMHO) Thanks for responding Bill I look forward to meeting you some day and I will use your image on my web page.

Images Needed

Hi Guys

I have started to build the web page for DJM Mfg, Inc. My company produces the Deluxe throttle quadrants for Van's Aircraft part # CT83 Deluxe, CT82 Deluxe and the RV10 throttle quadrants,AircraftSpruce part # CMCT3L,CMCT2L,SMCT2L and SMCT3L I would like to include images of installed quadrants and builder comments on my web page. If you are interested please send comments and images to [email protected] or [email protected]
Here are some photos of my quadrants in mt RV4
00002270vq.jpg

00002281yd.jpg

00002299gx.jpg

Dayton,

Along with the pictures and testimonials, you should provide install instructions and/or list of parts needed. The quadrant looks great. The only thing holding me back is that I have no idea how much work it's going to be. I know I'd at least need to get different control cables from somewhere.

Dave

Images still needed

Hi Guys

Here's mine getting fitted in my RV-7A... very nice unit. (although I may remove the prop lever if I decide to go fixed pitch... yes, I know they make a 2 lever unit).

One feature I'd like it to have - some kind of lock/latch for fuel cutoff on the mixture lever... something to make it very identifiable that you're about to cutoff fuel.

img_7474.jpg

Last edited:
Throttle Quadrant in VH-WHZ

Dayton,

I really appreciate your throttle quadrant. Beautifully manufactured. Beautiful smooth operation. Beautiful appearance.

They are the centre piece of my cockpit.
My Mac won't upload any pics.

Thanks,
regards,
Peter.
Torquay,
Victoria,
Australia Down Under.

PTT Switch on throttle

Dayton,

Nice pics of your -4 throttle. Is that a PTT switch? I am trying to do the same with my throttle, but can't find any info. Can you help?

Hwood

Left Side Throttle

Someone post some pics of one of Dayton's quadrants mounted on the left side of an RV-7....

Dayton Murdock said:
Hi Guys

Here are some photos of my quadrants in mt RV4

What's the button for? I was actually going to send you an e-mail one of these days asking if you had any intention of putting a button on the end of the throttle. I was also going to suggest a little spring loaded cover as well. Since I'm building a -7 (taildragger), I have a keen interest in being able to keep my hands on the stick AND the throttle as I'm starting. There's probably a way to do it if you do all sorts of contorsions, etc, but sticking the starter in the throttle seemed like a simple solution.

Throttle

Here's a picture of mine, modified to drive the electric throttle
on the Eggenfellner Subaru engine. It's being sent to me right now,
and when it arrives, I'll be sure to post some pictures of it installed
in my RV8.

throttleass.jpg

What would be great would be to have a single lever throttle. Any
plans for this? It seems like it would become more of a common
request with the development of FADEC type engines.

I'm trying to think of something intelligent to do with the other lever!

Dayton,

What would really help on your web site is some drawings showing the various dimensions of your product. I'm trying to lay out my panel right now and can't tell how much space I need to leave blank for attaching the quadrant.

Also, is there any interest in a group buy on these?

Dave