Tumper

Well Known Member
I need about 4 additional fire sleeve hoses on my project and my question is, should I build or buy? And when I say build I mean purchase the braided hoses and apply the fire sleeve as per the EAA Hints for Homebuilder video.

I have a second question which is, how common is it to install fire sleeve on oil lines as wells as fuel lines FWF?

I need about 4 additional fire sleeve hoses on my project and my question is, should I build or buy? And when I say build I mean purchase the braided hoses and apply the fire sleeve as per the EAA Hints for Homebuilder video.

Why not just purchasing made the way you want them from TS Flightlines? Tom actively participates on VAF and is an advertiser.

I have a second question which is, how common is it to install fire sleeve on oil lines as wells as fuel lines FWF?

I can't answer how common, but I did and would recommend others to do the same. All my fuel and oil lines FWF are firesleeved.

bob

Firesleeve

I have done this many times so if you follow the instructions its pretty easy stuff. I do also agree with Bob, having them made will give you more time to work on other issues. Here is my view on the oil line question. I strongly believe every fuel and oil line FWF regardless of size or type should have a fire sleeve on it.

My 2 cents

Pat

my vote is with Bonaco

After spending way too much time online trying to figure out the best source for diy braided hose fittings, I got a quote from Bonaco. All five of the hoses I ordered fit well, were more compact than the reuseable type, and best of all
the price was very,very competitive. These hose came with firesleeve. Call Bonaco and get a quote.
Mark Wyss
RV4 final final assembly

My vote for what it's worth; have someone make them for you, swaged ends, teflon hose and fire sleeve is the way to go. Tom (TS flightlines) has done a couple of sets for me and I have been extremely satisfied with the quality. He also donated the hoses for the RV1 :D

another plug for Tom with TS flightlines. He has made me several hoses and even recut a few I needed changed. His service has been nothing short of exceptional.

I walked into my neighbor's hangar the other day, who happens to be fortunate enough to have an Internet feed. He had a Skype feed going with his camera in the RV-10 tunnel looking at the fuel valve, filter, and pump assemblies.

I had ordered my brakes lines from Bonaco and the fuel lines from TS Flightlines. Tom (TS FLightlines) worked through some issues on the phone with me. I was surprized to find out that the mug on the screen was none other than Tom himself. He was helping my neighbor work through an issue over Skype. Clearly using technology to provide better customer service.

Both companies provide outstanding products, but when it comes to customer service, there is no comparison.