pierre smith

Well Known Member
I have my RV-12 build pictures on my computer in a dedicated file. I decided to put them on a USB stick in case my computer crashes and I got to thinking..Can't a DAR be mailed the stick before the visit to shorten the inspect process?

I also check off and date every procedure in the assembly manual for even more documentation.

Best,

Sure I don't see why not, but it's up to them if they want to see it beforehand or in conjunction with the manual at the actual inspection.

Last edited:
I have my RV-12 build pictures on my computer in a dedicated file. I decided to put them on a USB stick in case my computer crashes and I got to thinking..Can't a DAR be mailed the stick before the visit to shorten the inspect process?

I also check off and date every procedure in the assembly manual for even more documentation.

Best,

Backup your USB stick! ... I've had several clients lose all their data when the USB stick dies for no apparent reason. Some of those USB sticks will last a life time, and others only a few uses. Always backup your data to multiple places.

usbflashcopy

I use USBFlashCopy to backup my flash/thumb drives. It's free and works great. Will copy it every time you connect it to your computer.

I had all my photos on a CD, in my build book, when I had my inspection. Also had my laptop there--------FAA inspector was informed of them, but did not look at them.

My DAR looked at my Facebook build-photo-album to get an idea of the build history and quality, before the inspection. He thought that to be very helpful.