Dmadd

Well Known Member
Quick question, for future planning...
If a person needed an RV-4 wing built for him (to save time) and hired someone else to do it, would this be viewed any differently than buying a "fast build" wing on one of the other airplanes?
If the answer is "go for it", where does one find such people?
Just wondering. Finger not on trigger yet..

Dennis

Is the "rest" of the aircraft built yet? The reason I ask is that once the wings are completed, the measured distance between the front and rear spars are used to establish the location and placement of the rear spar carry through as referenced from the front spar attach carry-through.

Hmmmmm?

Good question, Dennis. The FAA determined that the -6, -7, -8, -9 and -10 quickbuild airplanes left at least 51% to be built yet. Since there never has been a QB -4, I'd guess that it would be acceptable, if it was built so that you'd have the one skin to attach, as the QB's do.

There is no QB -4 fuselage option, so, I'd think that since there's so much work in a slow-build fuse, that alone should be over 51% of the build.

Mel or another DAR needs to address this question.

Give me a call...478 494 37 fifty seven.

Best,

It's possible!

If you use commercial assistance, you must fill out the "Amateur-Built Aircraft Fabrication and Assembly Checklist (2009)(fixed wing)".
This is a 9 page form found in Appendix 8 of AC 20-27G.
My guess is that if the "hired help" brought the wings up to the normal quick-build stage, you would probably be OK. But it would be up to you to show this compliance.