Geico266

Well Known Member
Pierre said something in the door thread that got me thinking about getting a "different attitude" when flying. I think he hit the nail on the head.

There are many incredible RV's out there, built by talented engineering types. Maybe that is part of the problem during an emergency? If the big fan quits the "engineer / builder" is all about trying to figure out what happened..... In flight! :eek: When they should have their "pilot hat" on and fly the plane.

A small case in point is I just finished my condition inspection on my -10. Rebuilt left mag, replaced left harness, replaced & rerouted prop cable, rebuilt the airbox, along with all of the normal "stuff". I do a run up and checked for leaks, put the cowel on and get ready for a test flight. I am anxious and excited about test flight to check out all of the "mods" and guess what.... I left the left door open on engine start up. :eek:

No harm no foul, but my #1 rule is "No engine start up with ANY doors unsecured."

I let the "builder" attitude take over when the "pilot" attitude should have been PIC. :D

Last edited: