Jaknjoan

Well Known Member
November 28/09 I ordered online a tungsten bucking bar from the referenced vendor and I have not yet received the order. About one week ago I sent an email asking for the status of my order but received no reply. After that, I called the telephone number on the website and received no answer and left a message. With the order I provided my bankcard information, which has not been charged to my account.

Does anyone out there know whether this vendor is out of business, or have an explanation for the lack of response.

Jake Thiessen
Independence, OR

Jake:
After I read the write up about the tungsten bucking bar, I ordered one too. I received a response that they were out of stock at the time but would have them in soon. About one week later, I received my bucking bar. this was last August 2009. It is a very nice bar, and I am using it often.

Jake I know Dean...will pass the message on. And no he's not out of business. He's an airline pilot so he's frequently gone.

What timing. I was on Webster's web site to order one earlier today but decided to call the order in over the phone,,,,,no answer,,,,just a voicemail. Even though it is $15 cheaper with free shipping off the website, I placed an order for it through Cleveland Tools along with a tank dimple die set. Clevelands website indicated it was in stock and I would like to have it for the tanks.

I received a call from Dean Webster

Thanks for whomever got the message through to Mr. Webster, but he did call me this afternoon and assures me it will be shipped tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Jake

Only way to go

I bought a bar from him some years back. With not a lot of money to play with justifying spending over $100 on a bucking bar was hard to come to grips with. Best money I spent on a tool. A tungsten bucking bar is a must have in the tool kit. Should be standard in the RV tool kits sold. Like others I hardly use any other bucking bar now.

99% percent of the people on this site will try to do right by you. There will always be the 1%. Glad to see yours is on the way.

Thanks for whomever got the message through to Mr. Webster, but he did call me this afternoon and assures me it will be shipped tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Jake

Jack, I just ordered mine from Webster's website 10 min ago before I read your post. Have you received yours? Do you know if he has them in stock?

Robin Hou

angled end

I received one just like the Webster as a gift a while back and it's really great. However, somewhere I saw one just like that except one end is slightly angled...maybe 10 or 15 degrees. There have been a few times that would have been really handy. If you can find one like that, it'd be the cat's meow.

I received one just like the Webster as a gift a while back and it's really great. However, somewhere I saw one just like that except one end is slightly angled...maybe 10 or 15 degrees. There have been a few times that would have been really handy. If you can find one like that, it'd be the cat's meow.

Webster's Bucking bar has the angled end (one end).
I have one of the Webster bucking bars and it is first class.
In my dealings with Mr Webster I have found he is an honest, reputable and honourable man, and I would deal with him again with confidence.
John

Last edited:
Webster Buckin Bar (Just Arrived)

Just thought I would add a quick report regarding the Webster tungsten bucking bar. I am well into my second wing on an RV-8 slow build project and have been wondering about the tungsten bars since first hearing of them. To date, I have used various steel bars for all my riveting including some back riveting of wing skins. Anyway, after reading a number of posts I decided to order one of the Webster bars. I ordered one on-line on 7 Jan and it arrived this afternoon (11 Jan) via UPS ground. While I haven't used it yet, I am sure it's going to be great for most, if not all, my standard riveting. It is quite small measuring 1"x5/8"x4" and it does have a slight angle on one end. All surfaces are polished and the edges are beveled. It's a neat little but very heavy bar. I am looking forward to trying it out on my starboard leading edge wing assembly. Webster's order/shipping response was excellent.

Pete Britton
RV-8 (slow-build), Archer II (flying)
www.mykitlog.com/petebritton

We have 50+ tungsten bucking bars in stock, 3 shapes to choose from. Ship today.

Last edited:
I ordered one of the Webster tungsten bucking bars on Dec 26, 2009. I received it on the 8th of January. It looks great but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Maybe tomorrow, after I get the Christmas lights down. (North facing, slick and icy roof) :)) Dave