N218WZ

Has anyone used Brown Aviation Tools? How do they compare to Avery or Cleveland Tools? Thanks

With a few exceptions all of my airframe construction tools are from Brown Tools. They are the same tools that Avery, Cleveland, etc. sells. Because of this, buying from one supplier or another boils down to exactly what the other posters here have made comments about:
Yup. Good folks, fair prices. Quick shipping.
Yes. Ditto above. Nice to deal with.
Good buying experience everytime.
As Bob Collins mentioned in his posts about his airplane, it is really about the people not the issues (or tools). Brown Tools "is good people"! Right up there with Avery and his people. Find good people to deal with and you can't go wrong.

I try to spread my purchases around to all the fine folks that support the RV community; Cleveland, Avery, Brown, Stein, etc...
Brown had excellent prices on Souix equipment at the time I was buying tools. Good people and service.

Have purchased a lot of tools from them, spread over maybe 15 transactions. Great service, ship fast, prices are competitive, quality is always excellent. Being on the West Coast, transit time is faster than the other popular suppliers to the RV community. (They are in Oklahoma.)

Good experience here too!

I ordered their Deluxe RV tool kit. I was also impressed with the fast shipping and while I've only just started, I'm quite pleased with the quality of tools. I've also ordered a few items from Cleveland and am equally pleased.

To be honest, from what I've read here on the forums, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Cheers,

Most all my tools are from Brown as well. They ship fast and have good prices. However, I recommend buying the Avery 3/32 spring-back dimple die. The Brown dies do the job, but the avery model provides a slightly better finish. Doesn't seem to make a difference in the 1/8" size, just 3/32.

No problems at all

Vary good. No problems at all, they are expanding all the time. I get my tools and supplies in 30min ( I live in OKC)...

I live in OKC, so I have shopped there in person for the last six years. They are some of the nicest people to deal with. Their business is in a warehouse, so there is no glitz. There is usually 5-6 guys packing orders and they always ask if I need help to find anything, to let them know. I,ve had no problems with any tools I have bough from them.

I also go to Bob Avery's Tool when I am in the Ft Worth area. He has an RV project (or two) in his hangar/store on Hicks airport. Bob is a machinist and cuts many tools on his lathe. A nice personal touch. Excellent quality tools you can depend on. Great people and a must stop by in person place. I highly recommend Avery from my past experience.

Thanks!

I usually try to keep up with the VAF site at least a couple of times a week, and particularly, I check to see what home builders are talking about in the tool department. Well, for the past few weeks I have been working on our new master catalog which has taken all of my spare time. It was a nice surprise to log onto VAF tonight and catch this thread with all of the kind comments about my company. I will be printing out these comments and hanging them in our break room so that my employees can see how their hard work pays off in the form of satisfied customers.

We work hard to provide great value to the RV community and the aerospace industry as a whole. I have a great team of employees who make us shine.

The RV community is lucky to have several great tool suppliers - a builder posted several years ago that you cannot go wrong with the 'ABCs' of tool suppliers - Avery, Brown, & Cleaveland - and I could not agree more. We all have our strengths and areas of focus and Bob & Mike are both good people and operate excellent companies. For those of you that honor Brown Tool with your business, thank you. And for those of you who have not ordered from us, what are you waiting on? :D

Again, thanks for the kind comments. We appreciate the support we have enjoyed from the RV community since I founded Brown Tool back in 1991. As several posters have indicated, we are a working warehouse (over 750 shipments a week leave our warehouse for large and small customers all over the globe), but if you are ever in the OKC area, please stop by and browse. We have a large surplus/used tool area that is fun to dig around in and you are sure to find something you cannot live without.

Thanks!

Michael Brown
Brown Aviation Tool Supply Co.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.browntool.com
1-800-587-3883

Last edited: