tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
I'm preparing to order my seats, and I am pretty set on the Classic Aero seats. I am leaning towards a combination two-tone beige leather for the seats. I'd like to keep the interior a light gray, but I am thinking that might look bad with the beige seats.

Does anyone have a similar interior combination with pictures (or a website) available to share?

THanks,
Scott
7A Fuse

Beige and Red

Scott,
I used Classic Aero, albeit it with Beige and Red. They kindly used my left over leather from the Oregon Aero seats for the 'inserts'.
Not quite what you were asking but might help you decide.

Pete.

Panel color

Pete,

What paint and color is that on your panel. Did you us a rattle can or have it powder coated?

Richard

We agonised over interior colour for a while, didn't want it too beige, nor too cold. Eventually settled on an interior colour from the A320 I fly, surprisingly, there was a loose piece of trim that simply broke off in my hand, I took it to the local auto paint shop and he made me a rattle can to match. We tested it and then remade it in satin 2 pack. Very pleased with the result. If you see a colour that you like, they have the technology to match it perfectly. To be on the safe side though, make sure you get enough in one batch to do all of the visible stuff.

Interior will be two tone grey leather from Classic, exterior will be stock Vans yellow over white - softer white than Vans though.

Glasurit

Richard,
The paint is Glasurit. Bit expensive but very tough and very light. Hence it is used on the Ferrari Formula One racing cars.
It is also easy to spray. One coat of Primer. No sanding followed by one coat of two Pot finish. Goes on easily even for an ameteur like me.
I had my automotive painter mix me one litre and did the interior.
However, I had him do the Instrument Panel to ensure it was perfect.
The cream colour is from my BMW Motor Cycle:
Glasurit Colour codes For Peter JAMES RV-7
Base Colour Cream Glasurit PC U8 04 35.00 22 Line

And Mike. Really like the Airbus colour (and the aircraft) Better than the Baby Poo brown cockpit of the B777 I finished up on.
Pete.

When on the 75/76, we heard that the interior colour was chosen by the office staff - apparently the ladies in the office thought it was a soothing and calm colour - I think it's like poo as well !

airbus panel color

@mike

hi,

we're currently trying to get a hold of a small amount of original airbus panel color... we're working on our personal airliner ;-) http://www.flyvans.com/subproj/soundbox1.html and the likes *G*

just in case we are not successful, do you have some kind of technical description and a picture of the color you have had mixed for your panel?

thanks a lot!

bernie, alex
www.flyvans.com