After lubing my Hartzell Constant Speed Prop I inserted and tighted the Zerk Fitting. Unfortunately it twisted off. I swear I was using less than 10lbs of pressure!. I tried using an ezy out and that too broke off. Again I swear I was using very littler pressure. I used a carbide drill to make a hole in the eazy out but I am having a hard time getting the eazy out bit or the zerk fitting to come out. I dont want to use too much pressure and and have another broken eazy out.

Any suggestions on how I get the the eazy out and Zerk fitting removed would be appreciated. I think I am going to add some penatrating oil and let it sit for a day.

That would be 10 INCH-LBS, not foot-lbs (if even that much). Just use a nut driver and tighten like you would a 6-32 machine screw.

Probably the best way to get that conglomeration out of there is to take apart the hub and drill down from the back side to the tip of the EZ-Out and use a drift to tap the EZ-Out out and then drill a larger hole so you can use a larger-diameter, stouter EZ-Out. Otherwise... if you don't split the hub, you have to somehow make sure you get all the chips out. And that won't be easy.

If your going to the trouble of splitting he hub then I'd ask a prop shop or even Hartzell what the best thing would be to do.

You will have to assemble the hubs correctly and torque the clamp bolts as per the Hartzell assembly manual. If your not experienced you could be making a small problem into a bigger one.

Its a real problem you have, good luck..

place a grade 8 steel nut over the broken extractor and weld the inside of the nut to the broken extractor, imediatly apply bees wax while hot and turn nut out.