prkaye

Well Known Member
Yesterday I discovered what is likely the source of some of my recent cooling woes. On the right side, the curved baffle wrap that wraps around under cylinder #1 had broken at the flange. Basically the hole that the long threaded rod passes through had ripped open and that curved wrap was no longer held up agains the cylinder fins.
The hole was so badly torn that there wasn't really enough material left on the flange to drill another hole, so what I did was to cut two pieces of aluminum a little larger than the flange and rivet them together so that the flange was sandwiched between them. Then I drilled a hole through the flange sandwich to pass the threaded rod through. Seems secure enough for now.
If it breaks again, I may have to replace the entire baffle piece - I'd probably do the other pieces that have a similar wrap at the same time and I'd re-enforce the flanges on those wraps somehow.
Has anybody else had these break?

No, but

It has not happened to either of my RVs but it was a part I simply doubled from the start. In other words, I didn't think the flange was going to hold as long as it should without reinforcing the flange/angle.

It has not happened to either of my RVs but it was a part I simply doubled from the start. In other words, I didn't think the flange was going to hold as long as it should without reinforcing the flange/angle.

Plus 1 on this

Dan

The cylinders vibrate independently. Why tie front and rear cylinder wraps together with a solid rod when they can be tied independently?

2yp11yw.jpg