aerovin

Well Known Member
I purchased a Britta Two Channel 2 x 1.5a dimmer from Aircraft Spruce in February 2013 for installation in my RV-8. I installed it at that time with one channel hooked to 2 LED map lights and the other channel to one gooseneck LED light.

I finally hooked up my aircraft battery recently to test the systems. When I turned the aircraft battery on, even though the two channel dimmer switches were "off", a momentary flash of light emanated from the lights hooked to the two channel dimmer. Then, when turned on, the gooseneck light illuminated for about a second or two, and then went out. The other channel lights also went off when the gooseneck goes out. Subsequent manipulation of either channel dimmer switch did nothing. When I turned the battery off and then back on, I could repeat this sequence.

I contacted Britta directly with the problem on a Saturday morning for some troubleshooting help. Within a few hours, Robert from Britta had responded with the offer of sending a new upgraded switch to me as a replacement for the one I had in hand. It was in the mail shortly afterwards and I received it within a few days. It worked as advertised upon installation.

Great response and customer support from Robert at Britta.

http://www.pilotlights.net/pwm-dimmer-12-vdc-high-power-7a-channel

(I have no connection with Britta, by the way.)

Last edited: