osxuser

Well Known Member
Kinda strange thing happened today. I started seriously working on my tail kit for the first time, but I started the day buying tools. I invited my sister (who is one year older than me at 21) to come with because she didn't have anything else to do. I haven't done much with her in the last few years because we have both been going to school full time.

Anyway, so after I get the tools I head out to the airport and she tags along. I started my HS rears spar, and after awhile she asked if there was anything she could help with...

Sure sis... handed her a vixen file and a HS-609PP and said, have at it. Long story short, we got the rear HS spar pretty much ready to go in about 3.5 hours, not hurrying at all... and she wants to come back and help tomorrow too. I'm thinking about giving her a gate card and hanger key. It's kinda strange that something like building an RV can bring me (Commercial Pilot Cert, A&P, etc...) and her (no aviation related cert) together. We haven't had things much fun together since we were like... REALLY young.

Anyway, just wanted to share that.

It's a wonderful thing

I had a younger brother named Drex that I miss dearly. I will not bore you with the details but we talked about doing things together after retirement like buying Cessna 150s and restoring them (he had an A&P certificate as well as being a private pilot). He died in 1995 after giving me his air drill and die grinder and some othe small tools. In 1996 I started the RV-6A and I swear to God when I came up against tricky problems there was a presence in the garage that calmed my mind and allowed me to see the way out. Cherish the moment Stephen - you're a good and lucky man.

Bob Axsom