n5lp

fugio ergo sum
Bryan's West Texas Video

Bryan,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FU4s9DtIxM

That is a beautiful video, enhanced by the good music selection.

The hoi polloi cannot comment from that area, which is why only a moderator has commented. That has happened to me in the past.

Last edited:
n5lp said:
The hoi polloi cannot comment from that area, which is why only a moderator has commented. That has happened to me in the past.

I just brought that to the attention of the "Head Hoi Polloi"......I'm sure that problem can be fixed!

(I just moved my video link BACK to the main forum because several people tried to comment and couldn't....hope I didn't creat a Do Loop that will engulf the universe in a quantum singularity....)

Paul

Ironflight said:
I just brought that to the attention of the "Head Hoi Polloi"......I'm sure that problem can be fixed!

(I just moved my video link BACK to the main forum because several people tried to comment and couldn't....hope I didn't creat a Do Loop that will engulf the universe in a quantum singularity....)

Paul
Just don't cross the streams. That would be bad.

Bryan,

Where was the video taken---I would guess the area between Marathon, Alpine, south toward Big Bend. If it is just south of the Marathon area some of those vertical rock "ridges" sticking up through the middle of the hills early in the video are the remains of the Ouichita Mountain Range---300-400 million years old and long since mostly covered by limestone or worn down from erosion. Their age makes the Rocky Mountains mere infants.

Cheers,

db

Fixed!

Ironflight said:

Paul
I just turned on the 'can reply' flag in the Photo/Video URL section. My thought in the beginning was to keep the area a sort of database of URLs, but since so many want to discuss the various clips let's just try this way for awhile and see how it goes.

Reply away! :)

I'll let Paul move it back if he wishes - I dont' want to create some sort of time distortion. :^)

b,
d 'is Head Hoi Polloi a kind of soup?' r

Last edited:
db1yg said:
Bryan,

Where was the video taken---I would guess the area between Marathon, Alpine, south toward Big Bend. If it is just south of the Marathon area some of those vertical rock "ridges" sticking up through the middle of the hills early in the video are the remains of the Ouichita Mountain Range---300-400 million years old and long since mostly covered by limestone or worn down from erosion. Their age makes the Rocky Mountains mere infants.

Cheers,

db
Bingo. Exactly where we were. Interesting on the geology. I am by no means an expert, but the geology in that entire area is really amazing. I'd say this area is some of the most varied and dramatic in the world.