DEWATSON

Well Known Member
I got to spend a little time with Brian Wallis yesterday. I was about to takeoff in our Starduster (RV8 down for inspection) and I heard a call over the radio, "David, are you in the air?". No, but I'm about to be......"Look off your left wing". Zoom......the little yellow RV3 zipped by and then pulled up into three consecutive rolls before I could get focused on it good. Brian was down from Lawrenceville to visit his mother for her birthday. He never fails to come by 49FD and see us when he comes to see his mother. We had a great Sunday afternoon flying some formation and watching Brian fly the RV3. He has learned quite a bit since he was down for his last visit. My mouth was watering....RV3s are super cool airplanes.

I didn't get any pictures. This visit was a surprise and I did not have time to get my camera. I could have taken some cool pictures to post if I had taken time to get it though. I'll be prepared next time.

Thanks Brian.

Happy Times!!!

For those of you who have not been to David's fly in... you are missing "THE" southern fly in of choice! He is one of 2 people I've let fly my RV-3. As far as aerobatics... he must be mistaken... all of my flying is flat and straight... I can't help it if the earth rotates around me several times a minute....
Best
Brian