Phil

Well Known Member
I'm getting ready to shoot some fluid into the brake lines and before I do, I'd like to save myself some cleanup time tomorrow morning.

Is sealant required on the bleeder screws, or do they stay dry and the orifices seat into a sealed O-Ring within the caliper when they're fully tightened down?

I'd like to keep from losing all my fluid over night and get it right the first time. My Cleveland brakes are currently dry, so that's what prompted the question.

Phil

The bleeder itself is a metal to metal cone seat. The seat for the bleeder that screws into the caliper is 1/8" npt and needs a pipe thread sealer

Got it. That's similar to what I was thinking was happening. I just shot fluid up the right side, found one leak, fixed it, and I'm on to the next one.

Thanks,
Phil

For the record, a pair of size 4 diapers work great to catch the drips at the bleeder screw. :D

I found two leaks and repaired those. Does anyone know what will cut Royco 782 fluid? I'd like to flush the area where it leaked with something that will remove it once and for all.

Phil