RV10Rob

Well Known Member
Hi, all... with the brake pedals fully retracted (and verified by me pulling on them), the pads are still held fairly tight against the rotors. I know there's nothing that retracts the calipers, but should it be rubbing with such force that the wheel doesn't spin at all? I jacked up the plane today, and when I try to spin the wheels, they stop instantly. If I push on the calipers to get the pads to spread apart, then the wheels spin freely.

This is happening on both sides and doesn't seem right to me. Any ideas?

-Rob

Maybe the guide pins are dirty causing the puck assy to bind.

Wow...I just noticed that you have only been flying for 3 weeks!(?) Not sure how your brakes pins could become sticky so soon, but I will leave this up anyway.
Very good place to start! Remove the brakes from the axle assy, and first check to make sure that the pads are not worn to (or beyond) limits. Are the pins rusty or dirty? Clean the pins and the bosses that they slide in with Scotch Brite. You will have to be inventive to clean the bosses (I made a special tool that fits a drill). Then carefully lube the pins with a dry greaseless product. Reassemble and test.
Good luck!

Last edited: