olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
I’m rebuilding the brake master cylinders and would like to get rid of the Vans plastic lines and the firewall mounted reservoir. I want to mount individual brake reservoirs onto the master cylinders. Have any of you that already did this use the silver ACS A-600 reservoirs or the black Grove 067-050 reservoir?

Tried and abandoned the ACS. Bulky, the lower hoses had to get around them so pedal access was limited or they rubbed.

John Siebold

I use the Grove reservoirs on my RV-10. Nice clean setup, I wouldn’t do it any other way.

I’m rebuilding the brake master cylinders and would like to get rid of the Vans plastic lines and the firewall mounted reservoir. I want to mount individual brake reservoirs onto the master cylinders. Have any of you that already did this use the silver ACS A-600 reservoirs or the black Grove 067-050 reservoir?

I have used the ACS reservoirs on my RV-8 with no problem at all. They have been in place for 9 years and would do it again. I use Mobile -1 ATF instead of 5606 and changed to Viton seals on the brakes.

I’ve been using the ACS reservoirs for twenty years - no issues, no problems on three different RV’s. teh ones on Louise’s RV-6 were probably there from the start….35 years? Just ordered a seat for the F1……

I’m using a clear reservoir and lines from TSFlightlines for 5 years. They work great.

This is what I have in my airplane. They are functionally the same without the plastic tube connections

I hate them, bleeding brakes becomes even messier than before and access stinks.

I have them in the Bucker and, fortunately, can access them as I have a removable metalized bottom, and they are still a pain.
I wouldn’t want them in my 6.

Sounds like folks love em or hate em…..

I hate them, bleeding brakes becomes even messier than before and access stinks.
I hate servicing the plastic tubing by crawling underneath the RV8 forward wheel well and this was the reason I replaced the tubing with the individual resevoirs. I don't even know how the big guys can do it inside such a small place. With these reservoirs, I can open up the forward compartment floor and have direct access to them. I use shop towel to catch the over flow.

I originally installed the ACS no real problems except if the pedals where adjusted all the way fwd at max R or L pedal deflection would cause it to graze the firewall. I put a spacer on to prevent that max adjust travel.

Upgraded to Grove master cylinders with built in reservoir a few years ago, like them much better. Either way, easy for me to service with the fwd baggage floor out. I put tubing connections on the top fill/vent hole and I connect a piece of tubing to it when I bleed to collect all excess.