Vmax

I am trying to determine the location of the brake reservoir on the RV-7. On Drawing 19, the lower middle of the page shows the location of the brake reservoir. The left/right placement is clear, 4 1/2 ins from the engine mount bolt hole, what does not make sense is the vertical placement. The picture indicates the reservoir mounting bracket is level with the top row of rivets. This seems to interfere with the top edge F-601A-2, the Firewall bulkhead. Before I mount it a couple of inches lower, I thought I would check with some other builders and see where they mounted theirs.

Thanks

Vmax

Hi,
I drilled the holes for the brake reservoir a couple weeks ago following Van's drawing #19. I can't see any issue with this. The vertical center line of the reservoir is at 4-1/2" from the engine mounting hole and this give you the right-left position. For the correct vertical position, the mounting holes are in line with the rivet line on F-601-L stiffener. Once located the right position, mark and drill the hole for the fitting. Which interference are you reffering to?

Mine is installed per plans with a few washers to act as spacers to prevent interferrence with the upper firewall bulkhead.

Brake reservoir

The top lip of the brake reservoir comes in contact with the the top edge F-601A-2, the Firewall bulkhead. The top part of the F-601A-2 bulkhead angles forward. To fit the reservoir where the plans call for it, I would have to bend the bulkhead back. See picture below

Last edited:
Brake reservoir locatipon

17325313214c4ca43185f77.jpg

Hopefully the URL for the picture can be shown

Three washers on each side as spacers takes care of it. You can also bend the tabs a little if necessary...

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

Last edited: