Gerald

I'm New Here
Help ! New RV-4 owner. Newer VAF member.
I just bought an RV-4 and when I got home the R brake was inop. Now both brakes are inop. After a full day working with a A&P we have zero brake. We put new O-rings in the master cylinders and bled from the bottom with a pressure bleeder. At first we couldn't get one brake to bleed but we shimmed the return spring snd now we can circulate fluid from the bottom and out the top of the resevoir but still no pedal. tomorrow he will take the calipers apart and check them.
I have cleveland brakes with Parker- Hannefin master cylinders number 10-30.
any advise would be appreciated. I had not flown an RV before and was so impressed with the way it flew. I need to be learning how to fly it and not working on the brakes.

On a 4 the master cly. are mounted upside down, to bleed the brakes the cyl. have to be unbolted and turned right side up

Your on the right track

Sounds like you have the top side covered, just finish up the bottom side and they should be working. The caliper has an o-ring. I'm thinking yours are the same as mine and mine has one MS28775218 on each brake. Spruce has them, cheaper than Vans. Check the pad thickness also I don't have that info handy it's at the airport. You should be able to find it by Googleing it.

turn it upside down/downside up

On a 4 the master cly. are mounted upside down, to bleed the brakes the cyl. have to be unbolted and turned right side up

Yes....this is right if the builder followed the plans.....just do as Grumpy says and should fix it right up...

Problem solved

Thanks for the help guys. Turning them upside down really worked. What great resources this site is.