Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Gents,

For those who have there RV's on their gear with brakes mounted and fluid filled, could you answer a question for me.

I need to know the brake pedal travel when brakes are applied. If you sit in your RV and depress the brake pedals you should be able to see the brake master cylinder rod move. An oil witness line will be left on the shaft and if compared to non-depressed master cylinder position an approximate travel of the cylinder can be determined. With this info I can then figure out the pedal travel.

My RV is not on the gear yet so I can't determine this travel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul (RV-7A finishing)

Gents,

For those who have there RV's on their gear with brakes mounted and fluid filled, could you answer a question for me.

I need to know the brake pedal travel when brakes are applied. If you sit in your RV and depress the brake pedals you should be able to see the brake master cylinder rod move. An oil witness line will be left on the shaft and if compared to non-depressed master cylinder position an approximate travel of the cylinder can be determined. With this info I can then figure out the pedal travel.

My RV is not on the gear yet so I can't determine this travel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul (RV-7A finishing)

These are my email questions and answers from Gus at Vans:-

> How much give is there in the cylinders before the brakes bite?
>
Not much, maybe 1/16

> Should I just set the brake pedals to be comfortable with the
> cylinders fully extended by their return springs?
>
Yes

I haven't flown yet - but hope it helps!

Jim Sharkey
RV6