Davepar

Well Known Member
1. The bolts holding the brake pedals to the rudder tubes are the correct length on one side, but too long on the other. Are people just putting in washers or buying and using -4 bolts instead of the -5's?

2. How tight should the brake pedal bolts be? It seems like there is a fine line between too loose (the pedal feels wobbly) and too tight (the pedal doesn't return all of the way on its own). It seems like erring on the side of too loose is better, because I certainly don't want the brakes to drag.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

I'll answer my own questions:

1. Since I didn't have extra -4 bolts around, I just put extra washers under the nut.

2. Generally, I tightened the nut with a wrench until it first met resistance and then backed it off one flat (1/6 of a turn), and then backed it off a little more if needed to fit the cotter pin.

Dave

Dave,

Just use that length bolts that work. I had to use different length bolts because the way the peddle weldment was made. You should be using bolts that use a cotter pin so the bolts should be tightened so the pedals move freely.