rph142

Well Known Member
I've seen a few builders put some non slip grip tape on their brake pedals. Does anoyone know where I can find this?

tape

Nonskid safety tape. Safety supply division of HD or Lowes. Possibly dedicated safety supply stores. I own a retail building supply store and we carry the 2" wide self adhesive tape by the roll. Used for providing nonslip surfaces around floor mounted power tools and stair nosings

I used some of Van's wing-walk non-slip material. Cut a piece slightly oversized for the pedal, stick it on, and then trim with a razor blade to the contour of the pedal. I also used this method to trim the pedal lightning holes.

Local sports shop

My local sports shop has rolls of wide anti-slip material, just like for the wing-walk. They use it for skate board tops.

Another option

I used pickup truck bed liner (Herculiner)for my pedals and floor. It is a single part polyurethane with ground up rubber granules. Easy to apply and clean up. Looks great after 2 years and 275 hrs.

Well I drove over to Wicks Aircraft today and bought some clear wing walk tape. I just put it on and I have to say it looks pretty bad. The clear just does not look right on my black powder coated brakes. Is this stuff really necessary? If it is then I think im going to peel it off and try again with the black kind.

Is this stuff really necessary?

Well, I personally like to be able to slide my feet up and down on the rudder pedals and brakes, which means I don't really want non-skid on them - so I guess for me it's not necessary. Lots of people like it though, so I guess you might think about how you generally operate rudders and brakes and then decide what is best for you.

Paul