kaweeka

Well Known Member
Is there anything definitive as to brake lining materials and which is "better"? I read about the differences between organic, semi-organic and metallic and understand the longevity, break-in and apparent advantages of each but, practically, has anyone got some comparative experience to offer a preference?
Thanks,
David

you will be stuck with whatever they make for your brakes. I have found that they only have one type (organic) for Cleveland/Parker brakes. I believe that all riveted linings are Organic, even though they may look like semi-metalic.

-Marc

Offhand, I can't tell you what the composition is, but I prefer the Matco linings over the Rapco ones...better bite and pedal feel.

you will be stuck with whatever they make for your brakes. I have found that they only have one type (organic) for Cleveland/Parker brakes. I believe that all riveted linings are Organic, even though they may look like semi-metalic.

-Marc

The Rapcos definitely have non-ferrous metal in them. You can see the copper or bronze shavings in the pad.