feedback

I will be interested in this. I believe it was just recently discussed as the rapco brand kits are listed some where and look the same...but are about $8 a kit!

I just got 5 sets from vans for myself and other rv guys here. If decent kits are only $8 elsewhere...man did we get hosed. Seems almost too cheap but will be interested in the feed back you get.

I just did the pads on my 7. I originally bought a set of pads from Vans for the Cleveland brakes. But I had to call them because they sent me Matco pads. Turns out they are the same size and shape, so interchangeable. But I bought another set of Cleveland pads from AS in the interim. The only differnce between the pads is that the Matco ones are dusty inside the plastic bag. The Cleveland pads are not. I'm sure they both work but I used the Cleveland parts and haven't had any trouble.

Others seem to be using Rapco parts. If they are cheaper, I might like to try those too.

Here are the prices from the Rapco site. Not sure how these price in the market.

RA066-10600-4K Brake Lining Kit (4 linings & 12 rivets) $48.00
RA066-10600-8K Brake Lining Kit (8 linings & 24 rivets) $96.00

EDIT:

AS prices

Rapco Brake Lining Kit 4 RA066-10600-4K 06-00651 $24.75

Rapco Brake Lining Kit 8 RA066-10600-8K 06-00652 $62.75

Not sure why a bulk kit wouldn't be priced at a discount. Maybe someone else can tell us if they are cheaper away.

Last edited:
A long time ago I tried Rapco pads and they cracked when I set the rivets so I went with the Clevelands. Now that was back when Rapco was just starting out and I'm sure they fixed that problem. I also now have a brake tool that screws down to set the rivets instead of using a hammer. I recently installed Rapco discs on my RV-6 and they work fine. The Rapco 66-106 lining kits at Spruce are $15 cheaper so I might try those next time.