comfortcat

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm about to install the brake pedals in my RV-9A project, and I'm a little worried about all that plastic/nylon hose that comes with the kit. Not now, but maybe 5 years from now, after the thing is all riveted together and changing hoses would be a BEAR!

I think Van's does a GREAT job keeping down costs, and I'm sure this would be OK, but I was wondering if anyone sells a "little bit better" brake hose kit?

Thoughts?

(I do have dual brakes)

Dkb

:confused:

brakes

And Dave, keep in mind that the nylon lines are on the low pressure (supply) side of the brake valve.
They're on hundreds of RVs.
regards

Actually.....

And Dave, keep in mind that the nylon lines are on the low pressure (supply) side of the brake valve.
They're on hundreds of RVs.
regards

The nylon lines are used on the hi-pressure side also.
Mine are nylon from the reservoir, all the way to the firewall including through four master cylinders.
Been working great for over 18 years. No leaks.

I would love to see a picture of the Grove reservoirs installed.

Jim
I didn't have Grove at the time of installation so I put cheap A600. Groves are a bit lesser in diameter. They don't touch each other it's optical.

6a60fe58.jpg

To check fluid level you need to be a bit flexible :D use plastic pan if you have carpets. Fluid level unchanged after couple hundred landings.

06848d01.jpg

Clear ones sounds interesting... who sells them?

Reiley I will dig it for you if they are still in business.

Last edited: