AndyRV7

Well Known Member
20141122_113310-1_zps0sdcudni.jpg

I would like to swap the blue aluminum fittings for brass. I don't think the lines are standard issue. Would someone be able to help me with a part number based on this pic? Thanks. Andy

I would like to swap the blue aluminum fittings for brass. I don't think the lines are standard issue. Would someone be able to help me with a part number based on this pic? Thanks. Andy

Those are either AN822-3D or AN822-4D fittings. Available also in steel by removing the "D" from the part number.

Not sure they're available in brass. What's wrong with aluminum?

Those lines look good. Lots of us swap out the standard issue plastic tubing for braided hoses here.

Last edited:
Thanks! Nothing wrong with them per se. But I have a weeping master cylinder issue. Next time I do the rebuild I want to swap the fittings so I can make sure I have clean threads. Whatever was used to seal the fittings during the build is black like tar and I couldn't get all of it off the threads. I figured I'd just start fresh for only a few bucks a fitting.

Haha Vlad, the last thing I want to do is open those lines again!! :( Especially now that the weather is at least showing signs of settling down. My longest flights lately are in the area between Long Beach Island and Lincoln Park!:)

Sealant . . .

Thanks! Nothing wrong with them per se. But I have a weeping master cylinder issue. Next time I do the rebuild I want to swap the fittings so I can make sure I have clean threads. Whatever was used to seal the fittings during the build is black like tar and I couldn't get all of it off the threads. I figured I'd just start fresh for only a few bucks a fitting.

Haha Vlad, the last thing I want to do is open those lines again!! :( Especially now that the weather is at least showing signs of settling down. My longest flights lately are in the area between Long Beach Island and Lincoln Park!:)

It sounds like Permatex Aviation #3 sealant - good stuff. Try some rubbing alcohol, if it is #3 alcohol will get it sparkling clean. It will take longer if it is quite old.

I use permatex #2 on that type fitting. It is like tar and does not harden. Acetone or alcohol, as mentioned above, will take it off.

Some of those master cyls were not tapped deep enough..... Remove fitting and file off the end to allow better taper contact.