Camillo

Well Known Member
I'm installing the brakes lines and I'm not sure how the AN fitting should be installed through the landing gear mount and the bottom skin. There are some options:

1) fitting will "clamp" both bottom skin and ldg. mount;
2) fitting will clamp only the bottom skin;
3) fitting will clamp only the landing mount.

I think the latter is right: in fact, drawing 16 says to open the bottom hole to 5/8'', which should be larger than the fitting (so it will pass throw it and make no grip). In addition, this makes sense thinking at hard landings: if it was linked to the bottom skin, too, it may crack.
On the other side, from dwg. 36/A it seems that the fitting only clamps to the bottom skin (it is true, however, that in such dwg. landing mount is not shown).

Am I right?
Thanks.

You will see how Mike S. did it at the following address (4th photo from the top). I think this is the right way to do.

http://www.my9a.com/finish2.asp

Last edited:
Solved. I enlarged bottom skin hole to 5/8''.
Now, AN fitting is only linked to the landing gear mount. I hope this would be OK.
In fact, a lot of builders did the opposite, mounting AN fitting on bottom skin and landing gear mount. Someone put a shim between skin and gear mount to avoid distorting bottom skin when torquing fitting.