miyu1975

Well Known Member
Ok so I bled my brakes last week, but now my issue is that the left peddle will not depress....like it is stuck or something. I can push the right peddle just fine, but not the left. I have dual brake setup, same issue on the pax side and pilot side. I have inspected the lines and they all look good. I wiggled and inspected the actual brake pads, both side appear to be the same and normal. I can't figure out why though the left brake peddle is being stubborn.. any ideas.? Also, on the right side (the side that I can push down on the peddle) I noticed that while I pushed on the pedal the brake pad did not close....shouldn't it.?

about my setup and process..again dual brakes. to bleed them I used the oil pump can with hose attached to the bottom of the left brake pad nipple..pumped up brake fluild until it over flowed the master cylinder, then did the same thing on the right brake pad.

If it is "stuck" it's probably been bled completely. If you can still move the brake pedal, you've probably still got air in the line. The amount the pedal moves once bled is almost imperceptible (at least until you get your feet on it).

When you said Master Cylinder did you mean the reservoir

When you said Master Cylinder did you mean the reservoir? The reservior is the small "can" with a porous plug on the top that bolts to the firewall. When you pump the fluid in through the fitting down at the slave cylinder, it should go up the tubing to the master cylinder which is attached to your rudder pedal and with the master cylinder fully retracted by the spring it should pass out through the supply (inlet) port to the reservoir. When it comes out there theoretically the air has been driven out of the system so you close the bleed port and that side is done. It sounds to me like you have a problem of some kind. Manufacturers do make mistakes and you may have a problem in your plumbing. It sounds like the right side is not working properly either - maybe air in the system - maybe not. I would recheck the installation to make sure it is right . Is fluid coming out of your system anywhere (including the tops of the master cylinders)? Are your Master cylinder return springs returning the piston to the top when you release pressure on the pedal?

Bob Axsom

more brake info

Ok so I bled my brakes last week, but now my issue is that the left peddle will not depress....like it is stuck or something. I can push the right peddle just fine, but not the left. I have dual brake setup, same issue on the pax side and pilot side. I have inspected the lines and they all look good. I wiggled and inspected the actual brake pads, both side appear to be the same and normal. I can't figure out why though the left brake peddle is being stubborn.. any ideas.? Also, on the right side (the side that I can push down on the peddle) I noticed that while I pushed on the pedal the brake pad did not close....shouldn't it.?

about my setup and process..again dual brakes. to bleed them I used the oil pump can with hose attached to the bottom of the left brake pad nipple..pumped up brake fluild until it over flowed the master cylinder, then did the same thing on the right brake pad.

Re-bleed and test as mentioned by the others.

Questions: Why did you bleed the brakes?
Any issues prior to bleeding the brakes?
Did you change pads?
Did you touch the calipers?
Did you purge all air through to the "reservior?"

If re-bleed does not resolve, Bob is right, you have another issue.
The brake system is simple, no worries. Easy to resolve.

When I said "master cylinder" I meant the reservoir as described. The cylinders on the brake pedals are not leaking, nor is any other connection. I will recheck the routing of the lines today. This is not a rebleed, but a first ever bleed...in building stage. So it sounds like possibly my left side that I said is "stuck" may be ok, but the right side where I still push the peddle all the way still has air in the line. Thanks to President's Day I have the day off to work on this. :D

When I said "master cylinder" I meant the reservoir as described. The cylinders on the brake pedals are not leaking, nor is any other connection. I will recheck the routing of the lines today. This is not a rebleed, but a first ever bleed...in building stage. So it sounds like possibly my left side that I said is "stuck" may be ok, but the right side where I still push the peddle all the way still has air in the line. Thanks to President's Day I have the day off to work on this. :D

Ryan... you're on the right track. And with the dual brake set-up, it can be a bear to get all the air out of the lines. :)

Yeah, once you take up the slack (tiny fraction of an inch), the pedal should go rock hard with very little movement. If you can plunge the right one it still has lots of air.

Air in brake system

One way to ensure air is out of system.

You usually need to pump multiple, system capacity amounts, of fluid up through system to get all the bubbles out. As you know it is repeated on each side. It helps with two people, one to ensure pumping of fluid into system from the caliper bleeder. The other person is to watch for lack of bubbles and straight fluid at the top. This can be done solo. It just means you get up and down from the ground more than you want to. As others mentioned, systems with dual brakes take more fluid flushing the bubbles, (air,) out. Keep flushing until the bubbles are completely gone.