Cth6

Well Known Member
Replacing the gear leg brake lines with braided ones from Tom at TS FlightLines after battling a leak due to flare cracks. Stock Cleveland set up with gear leg stiffeners installed. Did the stock length work for you or did you wish the lines were longer/shorter? Trying to figure out if they will fit before I take the plane down for maintenance. Thanks

Last edited:
I got my brake lines from Aircraft Specialty, he is partners with Tom at TS Flightlines. I highly recommend either of them. The lines I got were exactly the correct length. My lines were for an RV8 but I'm sure they have made enough lines for RV9s that it won't be a problem.

When you order your lines from Tom, see if he has a 45 degree pass through fitting so you can point the line in a direction you wont have to modify your gear fairings. If you want more info, PM me and send your email. I will take pics and show you want Im talking about. Tom is the best! Tell him Hi from me!

Refer to page 36A of the plans-----newer plans may be a different page---
The main gear bulkhead fitting as supplied by Vans is a AN837-4D which is a 45*. The internal cabin lines connect there---we use a 90* hose end. Most of the builders that make their extension lines from aluminum have a rather large 90* bend on the bulkhead fitting. Thats because they can make the flare close enough to the tubing bend.

But the AN837-4D is correct bulkhead fitting.
Tom