rv8chris

Just got the letter that I have won the RV-8 on AIG aviation.Have been around/helped build a few 8's and one -4.I already plan on buying a set of new quick build wings and or try to find a set of wings someone wants to sell.Already have a good idea of what i need for the fuse.Any input will be great an the aircraft will be at 4A7 Tara field.

Thanks

Chris Cox

Last edited:
Chris, you may already be aware of this, but if you plan on replacing wing's I think you will need to replace the center section also . Talk with Van's , you might could drill out your center section and send it to them and have the QB spars drilled to match .

The wings are supposed to be matched drilled, but Van's says the jigs are so accurate that they have swapped wings out with no problem before. I'd give 'em a call.

Sounds like a great project, Chris. Have fun!

Thanks for all the info guys............I have talked with vans a few times.If i find some wings to buy or get quick build they come with a new center section.They said if i can use the old one it will most likely line up.Just order Grove gear! will be hear in 8 weeks.

Thanks,

Chris