ron sterba

Well Known Member
Thanks to all the RV owners whom helped me make a good decision to purchase the Andair fuel valve for my 9A. I would like to see Vans ship this in every kit. This piece of hardware is something I would expect in the space shuttle without the cost but does have ties to the Airbus program as I have read. The difference in price is about $180. If there is anything that I can do to make my engine happy and that is delivering the fuel needed on time! You can find this valve in Vans catolog I believe on page 70. I signed up for the group buy for the Andair fuel pump too! Its on Forum page somewhere. I believe you have until DEC 31 to sign up for the group buy for the PUMP. Remember Resale value!!!!! Its your signature of craftsmanship. Is there anymore happy owners of Andair?
Thanks Doug for a great Website!!!
Ron Sterba Oregon EAA 292

Andair

Is there anymore happy owners of Andair?

Yep.

I have the Andair fuel selector switch.
I have an Andair gascolator in each wing root acting as fuel filters before the pump.
I have the new Andair fuel pump for my IO-320 engine

Great products.

If I can see it, feel it, touch it in the cockpit, I want it of to be, look and feel of the highest quality. The Andair valve fits that criterion.
Of course everything on the aircraft should be high quality as far as function and reliability are concerned, but a look and feel of quality in the cockpit provides both a sense of satisfaction to me and a reassurance to passengers who might otherwise wonder what they are sitting in. Entirely as an aside, I think that one of the problems that the general aviation community has in encouraging more participation and new pilots is introducing people to flight in ratty old aircraft with cracked plastic interiors and worn upholstery and carpet. The thing may be perfectly airworthy, but hardly inspires confidence. In an amateur built aircraft, the fewer parts that a passenger can recognize from the Home Depot plumbing aisle, probably the better!
Bill Brooks
Ottawa, Canada
RV-6A propellor ordered

In an amateur built aircraft, the fewer parts that a passenger can recognize from the Home Depot plumbing aisle, probably the better!

I thought it was called 'Home Depot Aviation Supply'... :)

All kidding aside. I do agree. I really like the tactile feel of the Andair fuel valve. Having it look great for me and the passengers is a bonus.

Oh, how could I forget... I need to add to my Andair list.

- I also have a single lever throttle quadrant with the flap switch built in. Love it. Looks and feels great.

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_4000.jpg

Last edited:
Peter,

See if you can move the knob to the other side of the TQ. Where it is now means you will have to rotate your hand to adjust it. If it is on the other side, you just need to slide your hand down the side of the quad, give it a twist, and move back to the throttle.

Peter, You show the throttle lever and flap switch but wheres the mixture control? Ron

Ron... I have a Precision Eagle EMS electronic ignition and fuel injection. It is computer controlled for mixture. There is a potentiometer for going LOP after you get to cruise, but all other mixture is automatic with the dual ECU computers.

See if you can move the knob to the other side of the TQ. Where it is now means you will have to rotate your hand to adjust it. If it is on the other side, you just need to slide your hand down the side of the quad, give it a twist, and move back to the throttle.

Bill... the angle on the throttle lever fits very nicely in you hand. If you are flying hands on the throttle, it is a very natural angle to have you hand resting on the knob. Trying it from the passenger seat doesn't feel as good.

Ron... I have a Precision Eagle EMS electronic ignition and fuel injection. It is computer controlled for mixture. There is a potentiometer for going LOP after you get to cruise, but all other mixture is automatic with the dual ECU computers.

Bill... the angle on the throttle lever fits very nicely in you hand. If you are flying hands on the throttle, it is a very natural angle to have you hand resting on the knob. Trying it from the passenger seat doesn't feel as good.

I think he's talking about the friction knob, not the throttle lever. Friction knob on the right, just drop your right hand down to adjust...friction knob on the left, you have to rotate your "throttle wrist" 180 degrees.

Next step...

...will be aluminium vents instead of the plastic ones which come with the kit. You will find them on Steinair website.
After that, you may want to buy Avery cover plates for rudder cable exit holes and then Nonstopaviation hidden spring-loaded hinge and push-botton camloc for oil door panel access in cowl. And Safeair static and alternate air system which replaces Van's cable and the two rivets which are supposed to act as static sources. These are mainly the improvements I made from the stock kit fro approx. a total of $300.00/$350.00.

I think he's talking about the friction knob, not the throttle lever. Friction knob on the right, just drop your right hand down to adjust...friction knob on the left, you have to rotate your "throttle wrist" 180 degrees.

Didn't think of that. I like the idea :)