DEWATSON

Well Known Member
Just got back from Boshears Skyfest in Augusta, Georgia. The fly-in was recommended by Pierre one day last week, so my wife and I decided to go. Hopefully we would meet Pierre while there. We landed and Pierre landed right behind us, so we parked by his very nice RV10 and got to talk with him for a while. Pierre is a nice fellow for sure.

The fly-in was great and well worth the trip. Team RV did a wonderful job as usual...........there's just something about that many RVs flying acro in formation. It's so graceful to watch.....much unlike the snatching and pulling that make up most airshow routines these days. I really enjoyed Team RV's performance. It is top shelf in my book.

Boshears was great. If you didn't make it, you missed a treat.

Yep

Great meeting you guys David.

OurtwoRVs.jpg

Our two RV's at Boshears.

This is one of the few airshow/fly-ins that go all out to cater to the whole family. A great adjoining car show, trampoline bouncy type things for the kids and a mountain to climb.

More foods and ice cream vendors to cater to any palate too.

Best,

Last edited:
I drove up from Beaufort---yeah I know an RV would have been much faster--
great show. Team RV was fantastic as always. I was able to spent some time with the team members. Mike "Kahuna" Stewart and I spoke for a good while about the team, their RV's, the airshow schedule, and awesome things in the works for 2013. He'll have to tell you that!
It was really good to put faces and names to pictures and emails from the various members that frequent VAF. These guys are truely ambassadors for not only VAF, but RV's, and experimental aviation as well.
If you havent had a chance to see their show, or meet them, I highly recommend you do so. Its well worth it!
Tom

THANKS!!

Just got back from Boshears Skyfest in Augusta, Georgia. The fly-in was recommended by Pierre one day last week, so my wife and I decided to go. Hopefully we would meet Pierre while there. We landed and Pierre landed right behind us, so we parked by his very nice RV10 and got to talk with him for a while. Pierre is a nice fellow for sure.

The fly-in was great and well worth the trip. Team RV did a wonderful job as usual...........there's just something about that many RVs flying acro in formation. It's so graceful to watch.....much unlike the snatching and pulling that make up most airshow routines these days. I really enjoyed Team RV's performance. It is top shelf in my book.

Boshears was great. If you didn't make it, you missed a treat.

Thanks for the compliment.

Sorry that we did not get to chat and catch up on stuff in the Panhandle.
There are SEVERAL members with Panhandle connections. :)

I saw your plane taxiing in but we were about to go do some flying at the moment as I recall and I did not see you afterwards.

James

PA200129.jpg

Here's a picture of Pierre and me by our RV.

Sorry we missed you James...again the show was great. We'll catch up with you next time.

David & Janice

Last edited by a moderator:
picture

Pierre,

We are learning to post pictures. We made an effort to correct it, so see if it will work now. If not, we'll have to wait until we get home tonight to try again.

We enjoyed meeting you and your suggestion to attend Boshears was a good one. "Chatterbox" (James Clark) with Team RV is from our hometown in north Florida.....it would have been nice to see him for a minute. We finally came to the conclusion that he was avoiding us. We couldn't find him anywhere. We sure did enjoy his, and Team RV's, performance. The gracefullness of all of those RVs is just way cool.

Thanks for the suggestion to attend. We'll probably try to make it again next year.

It works.

It's easy from Photobucket. I've already tried it on your picture but you post.

Left click on your picture and several options will appear. Left click on "Direct link" and it'll say "copied".

Now open the VAF window with the mountains and yellow sky box. A new box opens with "HTTP/" in it. Delete that, then paste your Direct link.

Best,

ed... Or I could just edit it for him.. Done. Kahuna

Last edited by a moderator: