Ron B.

Well Known Member
I tried sending Bose this request but could not because I did not have the set's serial number at this time.
After changing out the ear seals the other day (might be a coincident), today I had no ANR with my set of Bose X (2005 vintage) headset. On the second flight I had less than half of what I use to have. Anyone experience this before? Do the headsets lose some of their ANR capabilities with age? Could I have disturbed something while changing out the ear seals?

I can't answer your question directly, but I can tell you my experience just last week with my Bose X headset. I broke one of the U-shaped yokes that the holds the earpiece. After calling Bose, they checked my serial number to see if it was still in warrantee (it wasn't), so they offered to do a complete refurb for a flat fee of $175. They sent me a pre-paid UPS shipping label, and off it went to Bose.

Less than a week later, my headset was back, with new ear seals, new head cushion, new yoke, new batteries, yadda, yadda, yadda... Good as new!

Your headset might be worth a call to Bose as well!