a25afm

Both my flying partner and I are having intermittent problems with our Bose X headsets (new in 2007). The noise canceling feature seems to cut out in flight for a few seconds. It does this very intermittently. We are convinced that the problem is with the headsets and not the aircrafts. We both have RV-8s with similar avionics (Garmin 430, 340, and 327). While at OSH last year, we went to the Bose booth and explained the problem to their tech. They ended up replacing the cable that comes from the headset and goes to the small case that houses the controls and batteries. We thought this would take care of the problem but it happened again on the flight home. We contacted Bose again, this time the tech sent us new ear seals. Still no change. My partner has sent his to Bose twice with no fix. They finally sent him a new headset. He flew with it for a few hours with no problems. Yesterday we flew up to Bakersfield for breakfast and on the way home we both encountered the same problem again. We both have a pair of lightspeeds and have never experienced this problem with them. We contacted Bose again yesterday but their techs were gone for the day. We don?t know what else to do. Bose have been very helpful and I believe they want to resolve our problem. Is anybody else encountering this problem?

Maybe you should sell them at a very low price because they are bad, maybe I should buy them for that very low price:D

I have two bose headset on my 8 and I have been flying with them for two years in other planes and they worked perfect.

And if Fernando didn't want to buy them at that very low price, I will :)

I was having issues with my head set which suddenly will die and not transmit or receive. Each time I contacted Bose, they offered to replace the down cable with no issues or hassle and each time it fixed the problem. I had wondered if there was any thing in my setup that would cause them to go bad and that was worrying me. So, I sent one of the bad cable to Bose and upon inspection it turned out that the cable inside was broken. I had a straight cable and apparently I was doing some thing to them to cause the inside cable to break. I swapped them with the coil type and since then I have not had any issues. As their service goes, it was superb.

Good luck

My Bose headsets do that occasionally - every time I forget to turn my mobile phone off before I fly.

Check your & your passenger's cellphones next time it happens.

Dave

I have to try this

My Bose headsets do that occasionally - every time I forget to turn my mobile phone off before I fly.

Check your & your passenger's cellphones next time it happens.

Dave

Mine do the same thing. Very intermittent and Bose has replaced cables on both of our headsets.

I will experiment and see if the cell phone thing makes any difference and report back. At first I thought it was a battery problem, but new ones make no difference when it does it.

Go figure