Russ McCutcheon

Well Known Member
Ok I just received my new Bose Aviation X head set to replace my old generation 1 Bose Aviation head set, the old one was working better for me! My problem is that the old one had those gel cups and would seem to be very forgiving of any sunglasses I would use over the years. The new head set works great with no glasses but that wont work for me even on a cloudy day. I love my plastic frame $140 Ray Bans or my Maui Jims of equal value.

Bose has offered to put a stronger spring in the X head set for me but first I want to ask you all how you are using this product. What are you using for sun glasses along with your Bose X head sets??? Brand and model please along with where you bought them if possible. Thanks!

ansi tinted safety glasses

having had the same problem with my bose x when using standard sunglasses that would break the seal and compromise the quality of the noise reduction i came across inexpensive tinted safety glasses that work exceptionally well; they slide under the ear cup while retaining a positive seal and cost less than 5 dollars or so... the key is to get the low cost no frills model with the thin vertical ear stem.
picture1vzn.png

Maui Jim

I wear Maui Jim South Shores. The temple pieces are really thin and fit fine under the Bose. What doesn't fit fine are the arms on my IFR foggles :-(

I wear regular (fairly thin) glasses and Ray-Ban sunglasses with my Bose headsets, and haven't had any problems. (In fact, look up and to the left - there I am!)

I do however have the same problem as Antony, I can't wear foggles with them. But that's not a big deal for me, since I prefer the hood to foggles anyway.

good luck,
mcb

Last edited:
I wear my Oakleys with my Bose and have no problems with the seal. Having said that, if I don't have them on right and sealed properly, the ANR doesn't work quite so well.

Cheers,
Matt

Stephen, I got a couple pairs like or the same as yours from the welding shop (AirGas) two different brands and very cheap. Part of my problem was that the ear piece would break the seal at the front and the back of the ear cup so I cut the ear piece off about a half an inch so it would not break the seal to the rear. I tried them last evening, they where lots better. After returning home I took my heat gun to them and bent the temples out so the hinges would be forced to fold in some to get them behind the ear, essentially making an S bend to facilitate the ear piece fitting right against the temple ahead of my ear, this turned out very well so far, I will try them today. I will let you know.

Lee, about the Airglasses, I checked them out and the fellow just replied today, I did see where his home page said it was held buy a magnet but I just did not get it. I was surprised to hear that you pierce the bridge of the nose to insert the magnet in your bridge!!! Are you using these, it that as crazy as it sounds, or is it nothing???

Freddie, thanks, I get gas at Scappoose all the time I may check Oregon Aero out for there ear cups, sounds a lot thicker then the stock ones.

I will keep you all posted.

Well I tried tweaking the sun glasses and even tried the Oregon Aero cups, frankly after 1.5 hours with this today I am not impressed, frankly disappointed. I will try some others tomorrow ?Zulu? and these will probably be for sale hear very soon. Thanks everyone for the input.

Airglasses

Stephen,I don't understand either. I was waiting for more info. I thought it was something that clamped over nose then the glasses to it.
Lee