Yes it's common for the "Lyclone" guys to use the high pressure boost pump from Airflow Performance. My Aero Sport engine uses the boost pump which I personally got from Van's.

The unit Van's sells is from Airflow Performance. Why reinvent the wheel, Van's comes with everything you need to mount it. Don

Yes-- Dukes Pump purchased from John Harmon in Bakersfield,CA.

Saved having to do the birds nest in front of the fuel selector.

picts on my photo site. a pict in In box 8/17/06 in the Hr2 and rv7a a couple in my Firewall aft and wiring galleries. Kind of a search for a needle, sorry.

www.pbase.com/mark2nite

Last edited:
With limited room in my RV3 I used a Wellend Hi pressure boost pump and only the Air Flow filter. All fits and is a nice neat installation. No gasolator. All mounted between my feet...RB

There are two approaches that work. First is Airflow setup from Van's or Airflow. This pump system utilizes a high pressure pump with a external regulator and bypass checkvalve. Lowest new cost, most parts/stuff.

Second approach is to use an aircraft boost pump with built in bypass. Dukes and Weldon are widely used in certified ships (Arrows, Mooneys, most low wing ships with injected engines). They are available with the 25psi pressure needed by the Bendix/Airflow and Silverhawk injections systems. The Weldon is available from Aircraft Spruce.

As mentioned earlier, the Dukes/Weldon offer a cleaner installation...just plumb inline after the filter/valve. Cost is somewhat higher.

I went with the Airflow system since I had a big balance due from returned parts.

Deene Ogden
RV8, 390, BA, Clark FB, Grove airfoil gear
EAA Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor