ty1295

Well Known Member
Anybody have a picture, instructions, drawing, etc of the Bonaco brake lines?

I recently acquired a 90% done 90% to go RV9a. The previous builder installed only the brakes on pilot side, but all the parts for dual brakes were in the boxes. Being I might train in the plane later I am installing the 2nd brakes. I am not sure which lines needs to go where though now. The 2 extra lines I have either seem too short or long depending on how you route them.

Sent Bonaco an email also.

There should be a drawing that indicates how to run the lines. They connect the same as the standard lines, so there shouldn't be any confusion.

What side is the reservoir on? I bought a 90/90 RV-7 and did the same thing. Prev builder had installed the pilot side only brakes with the reservoir on the pilot side. When I installed the co-pilot brakes I just went with the vans nylon tubing. Maybe the lines you have are for if the reservoir is mounted on the co-pilot side? Many who install brakes on both sides put it there because the routing makes more sense.

I am thinking now that he only bought lines for pilot side, and the other 2 lines I found are maybe for fuel tanks. They are not the same plastic covered as the brake lines and have a tag labeled va-118-1. At the point he ordered aftermarket brake lines, I suspect he had made the decision about pilot only.

Reservoir is on co-pilot side firewall.

I am in contact with Bonaco and just sent him more info and pictures. These are great quality and I would like to finish off with the same if possible.

Here is my RV-9A with the Bonaco lines on dual brake set up.

IMG_1999-M.jpg

More photos in my build web site.

Thank you greatly. I think this has helped solve the puzzle.

I believe at this point I am going to need to order some additional lines based on this info and info from Bonaco directly.

Jeff,

You might want to give Tom a shot at those other lines. I originally bought my lower lines from Bonaco but now I give Tom all my line and hose business. TS Flightlines. He's an RV builder and he is located on the east coast as well.

Just saying